National Nutrition Campaign – 2018
In order to reduce the prevalence of Under-nutrition in Gujarat, Department of Women and Child Development have started Intensive Nutrition Campaign Center (INCC) known as Ghanishth Poshan Abhiyan. INCC is a camp based approach of 30 working days which is planned considering the prevalence of moderate and severe underweight children in anganwadi center.
Activities under INCC
- Identification of children to be admitted in INCC. (Minimum 10 and maximum 20 children to be admitted). Working hours for INCC is 9:00 am to 17:00 pm.
- Identification of the AWC and training of the AWW where INCC has to be started.
- To provide five-time meal as per the menu to the children admitted in INCC (Timings: 9:00 am, 11:00 am, 13:00 pm, 15:00 pm and 17:00 pm)
- Regular Anthropometric measurement of children.
- Health Check-up of the underweight children in convergence with health department wherein the children are prescribed medicines as per the requirement (IFA syrup, Multivitamin and B complex, and Albendezole) by the doctor.
- Counseling of the parents of underweight children on sanitation and hygiene, proper feeding practices etc